New Patterns (including a free one!)

Last week, I added a new pattern - the Windmill block. It is a fun and challenging block to make. I believe my love for traditional house blocks led to my attempt at designing a primitive architecture block. 


Here is a new free pattern that I added today. This is a block that doesn't necessarily have to be paper pieced, but it can be. This block would be perfect to insert into a little greeting card. Say "Hi" to your loved ones and leave a sweet message. 


I also finished a sampler quilt that is made of nine 5"x5" blocks. The following list of my patterns were used for this quilt: Tulip, Deer Head, Mini-Chair Collection, Hi Speech Bubble (free one), Windmill, Mushrooms, and Llama. I decided to hand quilt it because these patterns are so personal and dear to me, and there is something really satisfying about holding a quilt and stitching little by little. 


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

2013 ProtoQuilt // Joanne Kim Milnes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.