New Addition: Chair Collection

I love chairs, and especially those that are well designed. I have done a lot of research on chairs during my undergraduate studies, and perhaps that is why this collection is so dear to me. If you know a little about modern chair history, you might already know that many famous chairs were designed by renowned architects. I share the same sentiment as Mies van der Rohe who once said, "A chair is a very difficult object. A skyscraper is almost easier. That is why Chippendale is famous."

So here is my Chair Collection pattern. I am definitely set on doing a Chair Collection #2. So look forward to that as well.


And I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of the chairs that I was inspired by while designing this collection. 

Janna Dining Chair from Inmod 
George Nelson pair of lounge chairs from 1stdibs
Milo Baughman Recliner from DWR 
Joya Rocker from Monte Design
Eames Molded Plywood lounge chair from DWR

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

2013 ProtoQuilt // Joanne Kim Milnes. Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.