New Addition: Diamond Variations

Diamond Variations is my first block that is purely geometric. I was inspired by traditional log cabin blocks. You can develop tons of different arrangements by playing with color and pattern choices. You also have two options to juxtapose either square blocks or triangle blocks. 

  

I love seeing the gradient of one colorway, but don't limit yourself to this option! Here are some other examples of what you can do with this block. 


I completed two projects with this pattern. The first one is a zipper wristlet. I love how it turned out, and this guy goes everywhere I go these days. If you want to learn how to make a basic zipper wristlet, check out this video by The Crafty Gemini.

 

My second project was a pot holder/ hot pad. I chose bright contrasting solid colors for this project. As you can see, if you decide to echo quilt this pattern, you would really be emphasizing the diamond shapes. 


I am planning to make a bigger blanket quilt with this pattern. I hope you are inspired to start a project too!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

2013 ProtoQuilt // Joanne Kim Milnes. Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.